- stimulation of learning abilities
- mood improvement
- reduction of blood pressure, stress and cardiovascular diseases
- rebalance of nervous functioning
- strengthening of the immune system thanks to the secretion of hormones by the brain
- improvement of cognitive functions thanks to physical and mental recovery (a study carried out by NASA showed that after a micro-nap the level of alertness of pilots increased by 54%, this is also why it is strongly recommended for drivers during a long car journey)
- release of creativity and renewed dynamism
Time of day favorable for naps
Generally we feel the need after the lunch break, when we tend to nosedive, this is the time when the body is in a slowdown phase with a reduction in body temperature and intellectual skills, a nap of one Twenty minutes between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. is therefore ideal.
Nap at work
A nap of no more than 10 minutes corresponding to the light sleep phase allows you to recharge your batteries to be efficient in the afternoon. In Japan, nap rooms are frequently made available to employees, it is however possible to do so. at his desk, his back leaning against his chair or his head resting on his forearms on the desk. It consists of closing your eyes, concentrating on your breathing with deep inhalations and exhalations, relaxing the muscles of the body and trying to banish all thoughts.
In conclusion, taking a regular nap is beneficial for our health and well-being ; it allows, in the event of problems falling asleep or waking up at night, to recover from the lack of sleep accumulated over the course of a week.